In this episode, I talk about Jessica Hausner's 2009 film, "Lourdes." It tells the story of Christine, a young woman in a wheelchair who goes to the famous Catholic holy site of Lourdes in France where she and other pilgrims hope for healing and possibly a miraculous cure. I talk about loneliness, disability, and my own struggle with religion.
Consider making this podcast sustainable by supporting it on Patreon.
Subscribe to the Her Head in Films Newsletter.
Original artwork by Dhiyanah Hassan
Full show notes:
- Under the Sand
- Family Life
- 45 Years
- My episode on Jonathan Glazer's Birth
- More about the streaming site, Mubi
- My episode on Barbara Loden's Wanda
- PBS documentary Sacred Journeys: Lourdes
- My episode on The Passion of Joan of Arc
- The Innocents by Anne Fontaine
- Jessica Hausner's Amour Fou
- My episode on The Diving Bell and Butterfly and Locked-in Syndrome
- More about Jean-Dominique Bauby
- My episode on Scarred Hearts
- More about Max Blecher
- My episode on I, Daniel Blake
- Jessica Hausner's interviews with Timeout London and Austrianfilms.com